Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work from 8.30 a.m. – 3.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (32.5 hours per week), term time only
Grade: Level 2 points 14 – 17 (£17,681 - £18,672 pro rata)This will be a permanent post upon completion of a 6 month probationary period.
We are looking for people who:
- Have at least two years of experience of working with children
- Have an NVQ Level 2 in Early Years Care and Education or equivalent
- Are organised, creative and energetic
- Relish the challenge of working with pupils with special educational needs and want to have an impact on their learning, social and emotional development
- Have high expectations of self and others
- Are reliable, hardworking and prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ for our children
- Want to be part of a professional and committed staff team
- Are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to the life of our school
- Want to take part in training and on-going professional development.
We can offer:
- Strong leadership from the School’s Inclusion team and Senior Leadership Team
- On-going staff training and opportunities for professional development
- Wonderful, receptive children who love coming to school
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- The chance to work in a well-equipped school which opened in September 2011.
To arrange a visit, request an application form and obtain further details, please email the school’s Business Manager JBouttell@shirley.cambs.sch.uk or visit the school’s website at www.shirley.cambs.sch.uk for an application pack. Application forms must be addressed to the Headteacher and include a letter of application which explains how you meet the person specification.
Closing date: Monday 10th December 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Thursday 13th December 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.