Level 2 EYFS Teaching Assistant
Level 2 EYFS Teaching Assistant to work from 8.30 a.m. – 3.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (32.5 hours per week), term time only
Grade: Scale 5 - 6 (£18,795 - £19.171 pro rata)
This will be a permanent post upon completion of a 6 month probationary period, with the successful candidate working in the school’s growing Pre-School or Reception classes (EYFS Phase)
We are looking for people who:
- Have at least two years of experience of working with children in an early years’ setting
- Have an NVQ Level 2 in Early Years Care and Education or equivalent
- Are organised, creative and energetic
- Relish the challenge of working with pupils with special educational needs and want to have an impact on their learning, social and emotional development
- Have high expectations of self and others
- Are reliable, hardworking and prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ for our children
- Want to be part of a professional and committed staff team
- Are flexible and can adapt to the needs of our children
- Are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to the life of our school
- Want to take part in training and on-going professional development.
We can offer:
- Strong leadership from the School’s Inclusion team and Senior Leadership Team
- On-going staff training and opportunities for professional development
- Wonderful, receptive children who love coming to school
- A friendly, happy and supportive staff team
- The chance to work in a well-equipped school which opened in September 2011.
To arrange a visit, request an application form and obtain further details, please email Jo Bouttell, the school’s Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the school’s website at www.shirley.cambs.sch.uk for an application pack. Application forms must be returned marked confidential to Mrs Jo Bouttell and include a letter of application, addressed to the Headteacher, which explains how you meet the person specification.
Closing date: Monday 2nd December 2019 - midday
Interviews: Tuesday 10th December 2019 - afternoon
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.