Curriculum: Y3 2017-18
First Half-term: Different Places, Similar Lives
This term, we will start our next topic, ‘Different places, Similar Lives.’ This will focus on similarities and differences in lifestyles and cultures around the world, through geography, history and technology.
You can help your child at home in the following ways:
- Look at packaging on food from the supermarket and find where that food came from.
- Find out what “imported” and “exported” means.
- How many different foods can you find which have been exported from different countries?
- Research what life is like in a different country by reading books from other cultures.
- Spend time looking at maps and atlases with your child, and locating different countries.
- If you as a parent would like to share your knowledge or experience of other cultures with the children then please let us know. The children love to hear from visitors.
Our next topic will be ‘Material World’, more information on this will be sent out later in the summer term.
The Year 3 PE Days for this half term are:
Wednesday (Outdoor)Please keep your PE kit in school until the end of the half term!
There are always many exciting things for the children to look forward to and this term is no exception. Please make a note of the following dates:
Wednesday 25th April – Family Assembly starts
Monday 30th April – Clubs start
Monday 30th April – Healthy Lifestyles week
Friday 4th May – Non-uniform day for Spring Fayre
Saturday 12th May – Spring Fayre
Friday 25th May – Class and group photographs
Monday 28th May – Friday 1st June – Half term
Monday 4th June – Teacher Training Day
Friday 22nd June – 3EM Class Assembly
Tuesday 3rd July – KS2 Sports Afternoon
Thursday 5th July – KS2 Sports Afternoon (reserve date)
Friday 13th July – Reports sent home
Thursday 19th and Friday 20th July – Swap mornings
Monday 23rd July – School Disco
Tuesday 24th July – Last day before Summer Holidays!