Curriculum: Y2 2017-18
This term our topic is ‘Flowers and Insects’.
We will be spending lots of time in the nature area and garden, so do make sure your wellies are in school!
You can help your child at home by:
- Looking out for flowers and insects in the local area. You could visit local places like Bramblefields, Milton Country Park or the Cambridge University Botanic Gardens.
- Do draw pictures or take photos of flowers and insects which you see - we would love to see them in school!
- Involve children in any gardening or planting.
- Visit museums or art galleries to look at paintings of flowers.
- Using the internet to research
flowers and insects in other
This term, year 2 will be swimming on Tuesdays, starting on Tuesday 24th April. Please remember to bring your swimwear, towel, and £1 for the coach.
We will do PE on Wednesdays outside. Please ensure that your child has shorts, t-shirt and trainers for this, with long hair tied back and ear-rings removed.
- Wednesday 25th April - Family Assembly starts
- Monday 30th April – Friday 11th May – SATs
- Monday 30th April – Clubs start
- Friday 11th May – Non-Uniform Day for Spring Fayre
- Saturday 12th May – Friends of Shirley Spring Fayre
- Friday 25th May – Class and group photos
- Monday 28th May – Half Term
- Monday 4th June – Training Day
- Friday 15th June – 2SJ class assembly
- Wednesday 4th July – Sports Afternoon
- Friday 13th July – Reports sent home
- Tuesday 24th July - End of term
Please visit the Supporting Your Child page for resources from our Maths and English parent workshops.