During Anti-bullying week all children at Shirley School worked hard to raise awareness of what bullying behaviour is and what it is not. Shirley School is proud to have children from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds and, as you will see from the children’s work during the week, everyone at Shirley agrees that ‘difference’ is something to be celebrated and that there is no place for bullying behaviour. We have the power to put a stop to bullying behaviour.
Shirley School children have agreed that bullying behaviour:
Is repetitive – it’s not something that just happens once
Is intentional – it does not happen by accident
and involves misusing power
The children have agreed that bullying behaviour is not:
A negative incident that occurs only once between two or more people.
Take a look at some of the work that has been produced during previous anti-bullying weeks and read our anti-bullying newsletter.
Other useful websites for parents:
- Family Lives www.familylives.org.uk
• Parent Zone (digital family life) www.parentzone.org.uk/home
• Red Balloon Learner Centres www.redballoonlearner.org
• YoungMinds (for support with mental health) www.youngminds.org.uk
• Papyrus UK (suicide prevention support) www.papyrus-uk.org
• Report Harmful Content (for cyberbullying and online harms)
• Childnet International (for cyberbullying and online harms)
• Internet Matters (for cyberbullying and online harms)
• Anti-Bullying Alliance: Parent and Carer Online Tool www.anti-bullyingalliance.